Ah, road signs. There is one for everything, from a stop sign to penguin crossings! But the basic idea is that road signs are to warn us of what is going on around us and to help us successfully get where we are going.
When it comes to your website, there are also some helpful signs that can give warning and help you reach your destination. Here are 5 signs to help you know if your website needs some course correction.
Mobile-Friendly a Must
Common sense says that, with the ever-expanding number of people using smartphones, a mobile-friendly web design is the way to go. But the numbers bear this out. According to Google, “57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly-designed mobile site, and 40% have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience.”
No Leads, Turn Now
Websites are meant to make real connections, bring in real customers, and help accomplish real results. If this isn’t happening, isn’t it time to go in a new direction? Here are some helpful questions to ask:
- Does my website’s voice speak directly to my target audience?
- Am I giving my target audience opportunities to engage with me?
- Does my website have an informative blog answering my audience’s questions?
- Is my website optimized for all devices?
- Does my website have lead capture forms set up with automatic responses for next steps?
Watch Out for Your Content Management System
If you find it difficult to modify or update your website when needed, then maybe it’s time to carpool with someone new. Ask yourself:
- How smoothly and quickly does my website operate?
- Can I easily make changes to my website?
- Does my management system help me accomplish my online objectives?
As your business or organization takes different paths, sets out on new ventures, broadens into new horizons, or even gains more visibility, your website should reflect the changes that are taking place. Your website should accurately reflect you, and changes to the website are a clear sign that change is ahead.
Destination Not Found
How is your website faring with search engine results? If internet-highway travelers cannot see you, they certainly cannot connect with you! Why not give them the best possible viewing opportunity? Here is a helpful detour regarding search engine optimization.
Don’t let yourself get lost! Pay attention to the signs and keep your website going in the right direction!